Are you looking to become a certified professional coder? Further your career in medical coding by taking our CPC prep courses.
The increasing demand for qualified medical coders is creating a great opportunity for those who are ready to enter the healthcare industry. Medical coders work with physicians and healthcare providers to accurately report and code services and diagnosis for billing purposes. Coders are an integral part of any healthcare facility and can pursue careers within all of the following:
- Physician practices
- Nursing care facilities
- Consulting firms
- Billing companies
- Insurance companies
Becoming a certified professional coder is the first step in many paths of career advancement. Whether you have coding experience, are currently working in healthcare in another capacity, or are looking for a new career path, our CPC prep course will help you be ready to receive your certification and get started on the path to success.
Our Certified Professional Coder Exam Prep Course
At Lighthouse Healthcare Advisors, we offer exam prep courses that are designed to help you jumpstart your career as a professional medical coder, coding specialist, or billing support specialist. We offer an 80 hour CPC Exam Prep Course where you’ll learn everything you need to know to take and pass your CPC Exam. Our certified professional coding instructor will guide you through compliant ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding.
What to Expect in Our CPC Prep Course
Our CPC prep course is rigorous and designed to help you quickly learn the ropes of medical coding. In our course, we offer:
- 80 in-class hours – Our course takes place two nights a week and over four Saturdays for 12 weeks. This intensive time commitment ensures that you are quickly learning the ins and outs of medical coding
- Exam administration – We can administer the CPC exam in a comfortable, familiar setting
- Intro to medical terminology and anatomy – Further study in these areas is not required but is highly recommended in order to better understand the specific language used in the healthcare industry
- In-depth instruction on coding guidelines – Stay up-to-date on the best practices in the field of medical coding
- Proper steps to code lookup – Learn more about how to look up codes correctly
- CCI – The Correct Coding Initiative promotes national correct coding methodologies and reduces payment issues, benefiting both patients and practices
- Practice questions – Prepare for the test by reviewing sample questions
- Real-world scenarios – Our instructors don’t just give you the information you need to pass the test–they’ll help you apply it to scenarios that you’re likely to see on the job
- Review – Study sessions, tips, and opportunities to ask questions before taking the CPC exam
Before taking our course to become a certified professional coder, you will want to have on hand all of the following:
- ICD-10 Coding Manual
- CPT (Current Procedural Terminology)
- HCPCS (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System)
For all of the above, you should have the current year’s manual.
Contact Us to Become a Certified Professional Coder
Reach out to Lighthouse Healthcare Advisors today. In addition to our CPC prep course, we offer a variety of webinars designed to help you take your career in the healthcare industry to the next level. And for organizations, we provide consulting, coding and compliance services, and risk adjustment coding. Make sure that you’re reaching your goals. Through our certified professional coder exam prep course, you’ll discover that taking the next step in your career is easier than you think.
Reach out to our team at 410.252.0804 today or contact us online to enroll in our course today.