Healthcare Management Consulting
Weak links in your healthcare organization are costly and problematic to your operations. The financial model for physician groups and hospitals is changing and it has never been more important to balance strategic direction with operational needs. Our advisors dedicate time to understanding your organization and its unique challenges to guide you through implementation of strategic solutions. These solutions will be used to innovate care delivery, integrate technology, and collect a changing menu of metrics to meet program requirements.
Lighthouse Healthcare Advisors works with you to deliver a personalized direction that meets your operational needs through our Healthcare Management Services.
With years of experience in healthcare management, our process engineers can assess the overall health of your hospital, clinic, or practice and implement strategic solutions. If your organization has come across a financial obstacle or an operational challenge we can help overcome the confusion. From analyzing the revenue cycle to streamlining your workflows, Lighthouse Healthcare Advisors identifies inefficient and costly business practices and provides cost-effective solutions for success.
LHA comprehensive, objective assessments provide practical solutions in the following areas:
• Clinical operations
• Patient access
• Practice management
• Expense management (including supplies and pharmaceuticals)
The revenue cycle is complex. Close monitoring is essential for the financial success of your organization. Lighthouse Healthcare Advisors can support with assessments that provide insight into revenue integrity and accurate payment through analyses of process and compliance.
LHA in depth revenue assessments address:
• Charge capture risk
• Cash flow
• Provider productivity
• Documentation and coding compliance
• A/R metrics
• Denials follow up
• Billing workflow and staffing
Revenue Cycle & Integrity Assessments
Lighthouse Healthcare Advisors has experienced process engineers and management consultants that focus on functionality, usability, and compliance with essential policies and procedures. We help you identify process improvement opportunities in the practice and/or hospital setting with a focus on both patient access and clinical areas.
LHA's comprehensive EHR Implementation and Optimization support through workflow analyses and elbow-to-elbow training offers solutions to the following:
• User frustration with EHR
• Excessive data entry
• Gaps in existing processes
• Workflow inefficiencies
• Patient safety risks
• Compliance issues
• Charge capture inadequacies
• Insufficient training and lack of procedure manual
• Interface gaps
EHR Implementation & Optimization
New payment models require providers to offer comprehensive care management to manage and coordinate patients’ care. Providers will be required to compete with their peers and assume downside risk. This is the most significant change in payment methodology in over 50 years. Lighthouse Healthcare Advisors can assist you with development of a strategy to transition from fee-for-service to value-based reimbursement under both CMS and commercial programs.
LHA value-based model strategies include:
• PCMH program and certification planning
• Quality measure capture workflow
• Evaluation of reporting methodologies
• Full-service quality measure dashboards and qualified registry for MIPS reporting
• CPC+ program strategy and readiness
All organizations experience times when resources are temporarily unable to meet needs or when periods of growth demand additional support. While restructuring management or looking for the right person to fill a position, let us provide relief and support so that you can operate at capacity.
LHA team of experts can provide the following management support:
• On-site or remote interim management in the areas of billing, compliance, coding and practice management
• Assistance with completion of payroll, supply management, and staff scheduling
• Leadership meetings to review performance reports, provider productivity, and P&Ls
• New employee onboarding
• Monitoring of cash flow via EHR/Practice Management System
• Liaising with external billing company or internal billing staff to ensure timely A/R collection, denials follow up, etc
• Development or refinement of policies and procedures